The Ebenezer Ridges Campus in Burnsville is served by the Chaplain Chris Beckman, BCC, during business hours as well as on-call 24 hours a day. Chaplain Chris is a board certified chaplain (BCC) and a pastor who is ordained and endorsed by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
Chapel Worship Service Schedule
• Full liturgical worship on Sundays and Wednesdays.
• Facilitator for Renewing Life.
• Special Services for St. Francis Day (Blessing of Animals)
• Memorial Day with the Blessing of Motorcycles
• Intergenerational Christmas Pageant with nearly 70 costumed actors
• Active intergenerational programming blending the gifts of the daycare children and older adults.
• Roman Catholic worship services: Mass, Quarterly Anointing of the Sick and Rosary
Ebenezer offers spiritual health programs at many of our communities. These programs support residents, family members and staff in continuing spiritual growth and well-being. Spiritual health can have a positive effect on both health and longevity. Studies have shown that spiritual care can:
• Slow the progression of cognitive impairment with aging. It may even be associated with a slower progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
• Foster increased social participation
• Lower stress and increase coping capabilities
Spiritual health chaplains are available at all of our participating sites during businesses hours, as well as on-call 24 hours a day. Our spiritual health services are designed to meet residents’ needs for meaning, connection, harmony and inner peace in this season of life.
The Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program is an experienced-based, theological education for clergy and lay people wishing to improve their spiritual care skills or to explore a career as a chaplain. CPE combines the practice of spiritual care with qualified supervision and peer group reflection. Students develop competency in the art and skills of spiritual care. They explore their spiritual histories and deepen their pastoral identity to provide more meaningful and skilled spiritual health services to those they encounter.
Fairview and Ebenezer have partnered for many years to offer Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at various clinical sites with the support of the highly skilled CPE Supervisors and Clinical Coordinator Chaplains.