Ebenezer Transitional Care
When you leave the hospital, you may not be strong enough to care for yourself at home. Your care team may recommend a stay in a transitional care unit. The Transitional Care Unit (TCU) or short-term rehabilitation is skilled nursing care that is available in a licensed nursing community, usually after a hospital stay. TCUs are special units that provide short-term therapy and medical care. TCUs can help bridge the gap between hospital care and returning home.
How TCU can help:
• Work with patients who may need rehabilitation, or who have medical needs that qualify them for a skilled nursing facility stay
• We help patients with complex conditions transition to the next stage of care. The average stay is 14 days or fewer
• Care is tailored to meet your specific needs; we offer speech, occupational and physical therapy, recreational therapy, and spiritual care
• Alternative therapies are also available, such as healing touch, aromatherapy, and music therapy
• Provides care coordinators who will work with you and your family to educate you and your family about services available once you leave the TCU
The following TCUs and Short-Term Rehabilitation Centers are part of Ebenezer's Continuing Care Network.