The spiritual care programs at the Ebenezer Ridges campus support residents, family members and staff in their continuing spiritual growth and well-being. In additional to providing spiritual and emotional support, chaplains provide weekly worship opportunities, facilitate campus support and spirituality groups, and coordinate care with other community faith leaders. Above all, the individual spiritual and/or religious beliefs of each resident are valued and respected.
The Ebenezer Ridges Campus in Burnsville is served by the Chaplain Darin Easler, during business hours. Chaplain Darin can be reached Direct: (952) 898-8428 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapel Worship Service Schedule
• Full liturgical worship on Sundays and Wednesdays.
• Special Services for St. Francis Day (Blessing of Animals)
• Memorial Day with the Blessing of the Bikes
• Intergenerational Christmas Pageant with nearly 70 costumed participants
• Active intergenerational programming blending the gifts of the childcare children and older adults.
• Roman Catholic worship services: Mass, Quarterly Anointing of the Sick and Rosary
Spiritual health can have a positive effect on both health and longevity. Studies have shown that spiritual care can:
• Slow the progression of cognitive impairment with aging. It may even be associated with a slower progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
• Foster increased social participation
• Lower stress and increase coping capabilities
Spiritual health chaplains are available at all of our participating sites during businesses hours. Our spiritual health services are designed to meet residents’ needs for meaning, connection, harmony and inner peace in this season of life.
The Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program is an experienced-based, theological education for clergy and lay people wishing to improve their spiritual care skills or to explore a career as a chaplain. CPE combines the practice of spiritual care with qualified supervision and peer group reflection. Students develop competency in the art and skills of spiritual care. They explore their spiritual histories and deepen their pastoral identity to provide more meaningful and skilled spiritual health services to those they encounter.
Fairview and Ebenezer have partnered for many years to offer Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at various clinical sites with the support of the highly skilled CPE Supervisors and Clinical Coordinator Chaplains.